20/20 Focus on JESUS

20/20 Focus on JESUS
Each day we need to keep our eyes focused on JESUS - 20/20! I am sorry that I did not continue this blog into the beginning of 2021. Nine months passed by before I was convicted to return to this blog and encourage us to look at JESUS, with clear vision, via a daily scripture reading. Yellow highlights are names/descriptions of JESUS that we'll add to the list on the right.

Sunday, August 14, 2022

WOW-Women Opening the Word-Week 3, Days 1-4

 We were created by GOD!  None of us are exactly the same.  Each of us is loved by OUR MAKER and given special characteristics for our journey on this earth.  John, "the apostle of love" wrote in his gospel these words of JESUS... 

John 13:34-35

“A new command I give you;

LOVE one another.

As I have loved you,

So you must LOVE one another.

By this everyone will know

that you are my disciples,

if you LOVE one another.”

How many people do you interact with on a daily basis?  At home? At work? At school? In your church family? At the store?  On the highway?

My husband and I had/have 4 children, each one very different in personality, interests, and gifts.  We love/loved each of them deeply!  Yet, our love for each individual may look a little different than our love for the others, based on their differences.  

We often considered, is this child...

  • Extroverted or Introverted?
  • Intuitive or Sensing?
  • Feeling or Thinking?
  • Judging or Perceiving?
We often reminded ourselves what each child's "love language" was:
  • Acts of service?
  • Gifts?
  • Physical Touch?
  • Quality time?
  • Words of affirmation?
In my last blog post, I shared what 3 gospel writers shared about JESUS' 2 greatest commandments.  All three of them said, "Love your neighbor as yourself."  So, how are you doing at loving yourself?  What about your closest neighbors (those you live with)?

Days 1-2:  Try putting your name in the blanks of this 1 Corinthians 13 description of GOD's LOVE.  Meditate on how you are doing with loving yourself with each of these.  
Days 3-4:  Try putting a "neighbor's" name in the blanks.  A neighbor at home, work, church, or more?   

My LOVE for ____________is patient.

My LOVE for ____________ is kind.

My LOVE for ______ does not envy.

My LOVE for ______ does not boast.

My LOVE for _______ is not proud.

My LOVE does not dishonor _________.

My LOVE for ______ is not self-seeking.

My LOVE for _____ is not easily angered.

My LOVE for_____keeps no record of wrongs.

My LOVE for ______ does not delight in evil.

My LOVE for ______ rejoices with the truth.

My LOVE for ______always protects,

My LOVE for ______always trusts,

My LOVE for ______always hopes,

My LOVE for ______always perseveres

My LOVE for ______never fails.


Maybe loving would be helped if you knew a little more about personality and/or love languages.  Here are 2 links to find out more about yourself and others:

1)  Personality link:

https://www.humanmetrics.com/

2)  Love languages link:

https://5lovelanguages.com/quizzes/love-language


Let's talk more later in the week!

In the meantime, enjoy learning more about loving yourself and others.  


BTW:  I'm having computer challenges, so I could not post a few pictures that I was planning on posting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

WOW-Women Opening the Word-Week 3, Days 1-4

 We were created by GOD!  None of us are exactly the same.  Each of us is loved by OUR MAKER and given special characteristics for our journ...